Suitable for anyone who produces reports in MS Excel regularly.
It is recommended that i3BAR participants should have at least two years prior experience working with MS Excel..
The 3-day i3BAR does not teach excel functions, it emphasises on solving actual workplace reporting challenges through structure and methodology. It is IMPORTANT that participant practices the few good functions in the pre-learning materials BEFORE attending the class.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
▪ Integrate data from disparate data sources into Excel
▪ Build reliable and sustainable excel-based reporting models
▪ Construct interactive models for decision making
▪ Create scenarios and what-if analysis
▪ Produce visually attractive and impactful reports
This is a 3-day intensive hands-on Certification course.
● Design rules for the 3 block structure of an integrated model (input, logic and presentation blocks) enabling data to be smoothly integrated from multiples sources into multiple reports
● The 2 stages of model building; constructing the foundation and creating the “data bridge” for automating updates
● 7 essential principles of making sustainable spreadsheet models (finance or non-finance) that are easy to maintain and structured to support future changes and development
● 5 steps to data transformation – turning what you have into what you want
● Building interactive reports incorporating dynamic charts and commentaries to answer users' queries - all driven by buttons, selection boxes, sliders and other user friendly interface controls
● Presenting directly from Excel for interactive PowerPoint style presentations and swop between the 2 applications seamlessly – answering user questions and “what ifs” in real time
● Proper budget simulation and “what if” analysis; building assumptions tables and modelling using the four cost behaviour types for expense simulations
● Commonly overused and misused techniques (including Vlookup, Pivot Tables and Macros), where, when and why they should be used to manage file size, performance and maintainability
● Develop a 'what-if' simulation model to aid good decision making
i3BAR - integrated, interactive & intelligent Excel Models for Business Analytics and Reporting